Tuesday 29 November 2011

Temporary One a Day

With Christmas fast approaching and no more hexagons made at the end of last week, I have had to make a change to my One a Day.

I wanted to start Jane Brocket's Mustard Seed Scarf for part of my mums present.

 

It's from The Gentle Art of Knitting and works in a repetition of 10 rows. So I thought as each block of 10 rows takes about 40 mins it would be good for  One a Day.

Here is my progress this week.

I am using Rooster almerino aran in a colour called custard, which is why this is now called my 'Custard Scarf'. It has been a dream to knit so far because the wool is beautiful, but I do have to concentrate as I have to do lots of counting. 

I hope all the other One a Dayer's have had a good week. I know from last week I'm not the only one to hibernate a bigger project for a Christmas  craft-a-thon !!! 

Pop over to Gingerbread Girls to see all the fabulous updates. 



11 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous scarf, love the colour and it will be so warm and cuddly using the wool you've choose.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas craft-a-thon is pretty spot on....I already feel like I've run 26 miles with everything else, so goodness knows how mine will fare! Scarf is beautiful love the colour!

    Have a productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Beautiful scarf! Love the color of the yarn. Your mom is going to love it. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarf is fabulous, I really love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be stunning. I have used that yarn in a different colour for a scarf and it's so soft and yummy - actually, that reminds me, it needs blocking and then I can actually start wearing it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craft-a-thonning here too ;-). Going crazy! And STILL find more things I would love to make, I just have to save some things for next year I guess hahaha. Love the color you choose for your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I know exactly how you feel as ours have been round their grandparents twice this year to sleep in total (and they only live about 20 mins away and have two sets of grandparents). It does annoy me a bit as I would love to have grandchildren stay if I had them so I can't really understand why they don't offer to have them more often. I hope you get some much needed me time soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks lovely what a wonderful name for a colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lovely 'custard' colour is getting everywhere at the moment... and that is a gorgeous scarf..lucky Mum :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am following Stocki on every post. Lol. We have to stop meeting like this. He he. Anyway, gorgeous scarf. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that colour- in fact Im looking for some sandals in that shade right now!!! Weird being in a different hemisphere, I cant imagine crocheting a scarf right now its way too hot!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...