Tuesday 11 September 2012

Cross Stitch Ta-Dah!!!

I have finished another wip! I'm so pleased to have kept plodding on with this, and now I have yet another cushion!!
A girl can never have too many....can they?!?

Men obviously can, as The Husband declared 'Not another cushion!! Where is that going?' Honestly, it's not like I'm asking him to make it!

Well, after placing around the house, I have decided it will be staying on the chair in the hall. So no bottoms can catch the stitches!!
I started this back in January or February I think.........No, it was March. (I just checked back to an old post, don't you just love that blogging lets you see your true progress?)
This has been something that I have picked up very intermittently, and just slotted in on spare evenings, until this last week when I have given it a final push to finish that border.
From the very beginning of starting this I knew I wanted to make it in a cushion. I decided to edge the cushion with piping like it was in the magazine, as this wasn't something I'd tried before. I followed this tutorial, which was fantastic. Although, I did mess up the corners by sewing things a little to close to the edge, but hey ho! It's for me and I don't have to let anyone get too close to see the dodgy bits! The piping I picked was quite chunky, but I didn't want something too small and fiddly.

The cross stitch pattern is called 'Handmade with Love' and was designed by Jacqui Pearce and was in Issue 243 of CrossStitcher Magazine. Although you can now buy the pdf pattern from here. The fabric for the back and piping is left over from my first quilt and is Delighted! by The Quilted Fish for Riley Blake.
Now to get on with the next unfinished project, as I'm planning on joining in with a quilt along that starts tomorrow!!!!

2 comments :

  1. Men just don't get cushions do they? I think your cushion is really lovely, the piping looks great from here.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...