Tuesday 19 February 2013

Happy-Go-Lucky ✓

It's finished!!!
I started this 29 weeks ago (according to Instagram) and made 26 of the 80 blocks needed and then put it aside!
It wasn't that I didn't want to finish it, but our holiday and other wip's pushed it lower on the to do list.
So, I added it to my first quarters list for the 2013 Finish-A-Long and have worked on it with renewed enthusiasm. And it's my second wip ticked off the list now.
And I flipping love it!! 
The C is the initial of our surname, as it's going to live on the sofa in the kitchen to be used by all of us.  It's the first time I've ever appliquéd anything and it came out well. 
I tried to FMQ it and it was quite an education in how inadequate both my sewing machine and muscles are!!! 

I used a Summersville Jelly roll for the blocks and Kona Cotton Solids Bone for the corners and monogramed block. The sashing and borders are Kona Cotton Solids Red (big thank you to Justine at Simply Solids for helping me via Twitter by guessing what red it was as I needed more and hadn't labeled it!!! Must remember to label all solids in future!!) 
It's backed in Britten Nummer fabric from IKEA and scraps of spots from an IKEA bed cover. I used Scandi in coal from Summersville (which is on sale for £8 per metre here) to bind it, so worked out a really cheap finish!! 
The pattern is from Simplify by Camille Roskelley, I've already pre-ordered her new book Simply Retro, I think I'm a bit of a fan!! 
It's the biggest quilt I've made, pre-wash it was 63x75 and has come out of the machine at 60x72 so is nice a wrinkly!!!  
And it has already been put to good use on Sunday night. 

she can quilt

6 comments :

  1. The quilt is lovely,I especially like the red border. How great to finish something so early in the year even if you did start it a while ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, congrats on the finish, it looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's turned out amazing. The fizzy was *well* deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, it looks absolutely gorgeous, love the Abril and colours, you've chosen. What a wonderful family heirloom. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, it looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...