Wednesday 12 June 2013

Wednesday's work on hold!

Today I shall be sitting by the front door awaiting the postman (he is no longer worried by me doing this!), staring at my nearly finished bag!!
My so nearly finished Art Student Tote!

This is because I can't find the washers for my magnetic snap and therefore can't finish my Art Student Tote!!! I have a completed outer and lining just waiting to be sewn together.
After discovering yesterday afternoon that I did as I thought have magnetic snaps, but no blinking washers, I gave myself a good kick and ordered another lot. Why I kept them apart I don't know or maybe a small child has found a crazy use for them or God forbid I've put them in a safe place! (One day my safe place will be discovered and I will find all the things I lost and probably be buried under the enormous pile of stuff!)
But, while I am waiting for them to be delivered, (and that maybe some time knowing the UK postal service!) I shall be flicking through my two new books that gave me a brilliant surprise on Monday morning. 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks by Katy of I'm a Ginger Monkey and Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley.
I just love preordering on amazon, I ordered them ages ago and had forgot they were due to be dispatched! It's like getting a present!
Fingers crossed, I might have this finished by Thursday or Friday and I will not start another project in the meantime!!! Promise!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments :

  1. What a fab bag - look forward to seeing it with clasp! I'm sure you will find the bits just after the replacements arrive, probably in the place that odd socks go, but then you'll be all ready for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find your safe place let me know as I have one of those too and can never remember where it is either! Be gentle with your postie when you pounce on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're all washed up now :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tote! Melody Miller's prints were just made to be used as bags!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...