Monday 9 March 2015

Sorbet Churn Dash Update #2

I've more blocks to share from some generous sewists, Saturday saw a parcel arrive from the lovely Helen with these perfect blocks in.
The colours are just wonderful!
And then this morning saw the postie dropping these beauties from Mary through my letterbox.
I love those fussy cut centres, that boy with the boat is from one of my favourite fabrics.
So we now have a total of 25 of the 49 needed.
They are brilliant altogether, really scrappily matched.  
And I've loved seeing my husbands face as he thinks I've had yet another fabric delivery, only for me to willingly open them in front of him to produce readymade blocks. He thought my online splurges had been rumbled!! Maybe this is the way forward (fabric shops take heed) I'll have to get my next fabric purchase wrapped in a Churn Dash block to get it past him without another "More fabric! Haven't you got enough already?"
Is there such a thing as enough fabric??? I think I'm asking the wrong people.

4 comments :

  1. Glad they arrived ok - it's going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Love it! You are definitely preaching to the converted though ;) I have just directed my lovely friend, Ursi in Switzerland, to your call for blocks, so hopefully she will make you some too (she makes awesome stuff). It's all looking marvellous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks! This is going to be such a lovely quilt Joanne, and no, you can never have too much fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeous blocks!

    P.S. Maybe you should have your fabric delivered to your neighbour's house and they could covertly pass it over the fence when your husband's not looking...

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...